Saturday, September 18, 2010

Recipe of the Week

Oven Fried Cheesy Chicken Breasts with a Pecan Crust - recipe here

I've made these twice this week...which should tell you how much I like them. It feels "fancy" and while prep is a bit messy/time consuming, it's do-able for a weeknight dinner.

Essentially, its chicken breasts stuffed with cheese (I omitted the bacon called for in the recipe) dipped in honey mustard and rolled in breadcrumbs and pecans (I used panko). Mmm...I used goat cheese the first time but the boyfriend doesn't like it...so the second time I used smoked gouda. Much more delicious. To spice the breasts I used chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Whatever you have is good I'd say. 

Last night we had it with baked butternut squash (cut squash in half, dot with butter/spices, bake at 400 degrees for a little less than an hour in a pan with 1/2 inch water in the bottom) and a salad.

Earlier this week, we had it with The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes (recipe here - watch out, the site and Ree's recipes are ADDICTIVE). Loved the recipe, but they were much better the second day, I have to say. 

Anyway, recipe rating: cashmere (****/****).

Cardiganista's Rating System:
polyester = 1 star *
cotton = 2 stars **
merino = 3 stars ***
cashmere = 4 stars ****

No comments:

Post a Comment